Thursday 29 October 2015

By way of introduction...

In December 2011 I gave myself a challenge - to cycle up all the road climbs in the western Mendips that could reasonably get a grade on the Tour de France. I knew I'd need something to keep me going once the original impulse had faded so the Mendip Road Bike Climbs blog http://mrbclimbs.blogspot.co.uk/ was born.  I did them, so have many others. I still get a laugh from remembering the beaten cyclist who, when I enquired if he was OK part way up Ebbor Gorge, replied," I'm going to murder that Mendip Road Bikes guy if I get hold of him!" I didn't tell him who was cycling past. Four years and the best part of 10,000 hits later, it's time to write again.

The idea of this blog is to be broader. MRBClimbs was naturally limited by its title. This will be about rides; some in the Mendips, some not. It will be about my thoughts on whatever cycling matters have my attention at the time. It will be about the addiction that is road cycling.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment